Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Humor is the BEST Medicine


I took my mother to her oncologist today. For over the last year she's been treated for a re-occurrence of breast cancer, 14 years after the original occurrence. It's been a rough go for her, but she continues on.

One of the reasons she's still alive is the treatment of Dr. Bob Shreck. The man is an excellent doctor and has a great personality.

He found out today she's leaving Saturday for a week in Cap Cod.

He laughed and told her to get ready to pay, they don't call it TAX- a-chusetts for nothing.

He told her besides sales tax, she'd be paying a beach tax and after the third day there's a tax you pay for just being there.

He said his daughter & son-in-law lived there for a year and a half and it turned them into Republicans, he never thought THAT would happen.

I chimed in with, you know it's a COMMONWEALTH! You have to have the WEALTH of a Kennedy to LIVE there.

My mother is Irish Catholic and of the generation that adored John F. Kennedy, not so much Bobby or Ted. I'm sure she still votes Dummycrat.

It might be different if my dad were still around. Though he was a first generation Italian-American, and a Democrat, even after Watergate he would still proudly tell people he voted for Nixon...TWICE!

I registered as a Republican when I turned 18, it was my rebellion! I adore Ronald Reagan!!

Speaking of Kennedy's, I came across this recently in The Washington Times/Inside the Beltway column....

"Mission impossible." That's how Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, is now referring to the U.S. war effort in Iraq.

Calling for voters to elect Democrats this fall, Mr. Kennedy says President Bush's "stay the course" strategy in Iraq has failed, and he wants U.S. troops withdrawn from the bloody conflict immediately. Until then, "President Bush continues to whistle past the graveyard." (My emphasis)

I guess he's an expert on that!

In the words of James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal's Opinion Journal....

"Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home