Friday, October 06, 2006

I've already voted

Abesentee is the way to go, for me!

For the last decade, I've been voting early (not often) from the comfort of my own home.

I used to enjoy getting up early and going to the polling place.

A few things changed that: It's easy to request absentee.

November in Iowa is usually cold and wet.

They changed the voting machines from the BIG booths where you pulled a handle to close the curtain and then pulled the lever below your candidates name. I always felt like I accomplished something after voting. The only accomplishment now is staying within the bubble when you color it next to your candidates name.

Now they have these plastic, folding booths. There's NO privacy and they could go flying if you sneeze.

Lastly, I live in the country and there's no neighborhood polling place.

I received my ballot in yesterday's mail and promptly sat down to vote.

In the 30 years I've been voting, I have never pulled the lever or marked the bubble for a straight party vote, I vote for each individual office. However, I can't remember any Dummycrat I've ever voted for.

I always write in my wife Chris and my friend Cal for an unchallenged race.

This year I voted Chris for Treasurer of Iowa and Cal for Attorney General.

If you're in Iowa and want to add their names in that spot too, send me an e-mail first.

For write in votes to be added to the same vote total, the name's have to match.

If you write in Joe Smith, that's one vote. If someone else writes in Joseph Smith, it won't count in Joe's total and is looked at as two separate votes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home