Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why Not?

I got this from my friend Cal.

It appeared December 1 in the public forum section of The News-Review in Oregon.

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me, I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order for me to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to go earn it for them?

Please understand, I have nothing against helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Interesting!

I'm sure the Dummycrat controlled Iowa Legislature will jump on board.

I am going to e-mail this to Mark Davitt and Staci Appel and see what kind of response I receive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home