Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It just doesn't matter

I didn't watch the Grammys.

I've long ago given up watching America bashing, self serving award shows such as; The Academy Awards, The Emmys and any others.

I wasn't surprised that The Ditzy Chicks won, but I didn't waste my time watching any of their interviews or reading articles about them.

I was a little put out when I found out that Jimmy Carter also won a Grammy for the spoken word category for the audio version of his book.

He joins two time spoken word winner Bill Clinton, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama.

Hell, they gave a Grammy to Milli Vanilli!

Y'all never gave Little Richard a Grammy.

Elvis' Grammys were in the Gospel category.

"I think the Grammys are nothing more than some gigantic promotional machine for the music industry. They cater to a low intellect and they feed the masses. They don't honor the arts or the artist for what they created. It's the music business celebrating itself. That's basically what it's all about"...Maynard James Keenan lead singer of the metal band TOOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home