Monday, May 07, 2007

Computer Cryogenics




















I had written last month how my computer hard drive crashed and burned.

It was making a vile clicking noise and I kept getting a an error message.

Being an American consumer, I purchased a new machine.

The problem was finding a way to recover the data from the old drive like pictures, e-mail addresses, saved e-mails and bookmarks.

I am technologically challenged and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I came across an article that said placing the hard drive in the freezer will fix it long enough to recover data.

I put the hard drive in a freezer bag and waited 24 hours.

VOILA!

The computer booted up when I turned it on and I've been able to recover those important pieces of information.

I'm stunned, but very pleasantly so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home