Sunday, June 10, 2007

I'm seeing a pattern

























Hellary was in my neck of the woods yesterday, that explains the smell.

She proudly stood behind another affirmative vote by criticizing the No Child Left Behind program.

Makes one wonder, if like her Iraq vote, she read anything at all about NCLB before her vote.

Hellary's criticism, capture by Radio Iowa, came in response to this question from a soon to be college graduate...

"Hi senator. I go to the school in town and I'm a music student and I'm about to graduate and I have a lot of friends who are going to be BMEs -- Bachelor of Music Education -- and they're great people and they really believe in their subject and but with this No Child Left Behind program, arts are being cut left and right. I'm afraid my friends aren't going to have jobs. I'm afraid I'm not going to have a job and I just remember in school having all these great music teachers who helped me and will you do something?"

It appears NCLB isn't tough enough and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Hellary's answer...

"Yes, I will. Anyone who's ever heard me sing on YouTube knows I can't sing."

"I mean, you know, it's really tragic because it always sounds right to my ears and I love to sing. I mean, you should hear me in the shower. It's operatic."

More like PATHETIC, I mean.

"You know, when I was in high school -- still deluded about my musical ability I tried out for the spring musical and the director was a friend of mine and he told me I could be in it as long as I just lip-sinced."

"So you know, I know how miportant the arts are because not every person and certainly not every student learns the same way. You know, music and art and exposure to a different set of cultural experiences can ignite such a creative passion and imagination in some people and I worry that No Child Left Behind -- with it's emphasis on tests which are primarily one way of learning, you know, you sit and you listen and you try to absorb and then you try to give it back -- is going to leave so many kids out, kids who are artistically inclined, who have musical ability, kids who learn by making things.

"You know, if you were stranded on a desert island the people you would want are the people who know how to make things and that is a legitimate form of learning so I get very passionate about this because I think we are in danger of narrowing curriculum and leaving children behind, the very opposite of what they expected to have happen."

I know only an idiot says "You know" so much.

Desert Island? There's an relevant analogy.

I mean somebody's watching too much "LOST" or "Gilligan's Island", you know.

This all occurred at a fund raiser for Freshman State Senator Staci Appel.

Afterwards Appel publicly endorsed Hellary, no surprise since she's given over $3,000 to her previous campaigns.

Appel, who always has that deer in the headlight look, just completed the first year of her four year term. She spent over $250,000 for a seat that pays $21,000.

In a final note, Friday Hellary welcomed CONgressman Alcee Hastings to her campaign as a National Co-Chair...

"I am delighted that Debbie and Alcee will take on leadership roles in my campaign," [Mrs.] Clinton said. "With their help, we will bring our message of change throughout Florida and across the country."

Hastings was impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives in 1988 and removed as a federal judge.

Hastings was found to have committed perjury and had conspired to solicit bribes/money from defendants in return for favorable treatment in his court.

It all depends on what your definition of change is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was another possible pattern. Hellery said she couldn't sing, but because she was "friends" with the high school music director, she got to be in the choir as long as she faked it.

6:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home