Friday, March 07, 2008

I Mis-remembered



This week has been an ongoing tributes to Brett Favre.

The NFL Network turned into FavreTV, and the scientific community is united in that fact, as they replayed 16 years worth of footage.

It wasn't until today that I had my mind jogged about the 1991 NFL Draft.

One time Iowa Hawkeye (1986 & 1987) Dan McGwire, Mark's brother, was taken in the first round of the draft (#16 overall) before second round pick Brett Favre (#33 overall).

I do remember Chris and I being in Iowa City one time when he walked into the Brown Bottle with his girlfriend, after a game, and the crowd booed him there.

McGwire's had 5 career starts and 2 career touchdowns.

Favre fared a little better with 253 consecutive regular season career starts and 442 touchdown passes.

Interestingly enough, Dan is now known as the "Good" McGwire brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home