Thursday, October 02, 2008

Hotline, Hotline


Calling out the Hotline, cuz they're wrong...cuz they're WRONG!

The Hotline posted an article about interviews John McCain did with the Ragister, KCCI and WHO TV.

In the first paragraph they get KCCI's call letters correct, but then follow that by mentioning an interview with KCII's Emily Prince.

Now Emily Price may be sweet, but she's no prince and the scientific community is united in that fact.

They later mention the WHO interview, but do not attribute a name to the interviewer.

Could it be because it's Emily's husband Dave Price?

It takes me back to when I was at KJJY radio, it was the fall of 1983 and I was taking calls for the Muscular Dystrophy Telethon.

Mary Brubaker was one of a trio of hosts and she was interviewing those of us on the "celebrity" panel.

I was taking a pledge when she got to me, but she read the card in front of me that gave my name, station and telephone number.

Except Mary said KGGY instead of KJJY, hard to do since she'd been in the business for a few years.

I made sure I wasn't on the phone when she came back by and when she put the mic in my face to be interviewed, I told her how happy I was to be on KGGI.

I made sure to mention KGGI as often as I could, with her back to the camera, viewers couldn't see those daggers in her eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home