Monday, February 07, 2011

Championship



Aaron Rodgers joined the elite quarterbacks of the Green Bay Packers by winning Super Bowl XLV.

He's progressed from someone I felt wasn't the guy to get it done (at the end of the 2006 season when it appeared Favre would retire) and someone the 69, 761 fans, at a 2007 season game I attended, booed when he replaced Favre and fumbled twice.

In my mind he's moved from ERR-Rod to AIR-Rod.

It's time to dump the overused, multi-sport nickname A-Rod and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I had my concerns about Green Bay being favored before Sunday and I was downright worried when Charles Woodson went down.

I wasn't thrilled with Coach Mike McCarthey's play calling on 1st and 2nd down before the Pack settled for its field goal and had flashbacks to Super Bowl XLIII when Pittsburgh got the ball with 1:59 in the game.

Thankfully, NFL Title 13 resides with the team I've rooted on for 46 plus years.











This Packer Backer was so happy he broke out the Cheese Crown, given to him a few years ago by another Packer Backer, his oldest (pre-Kindergarten) friend.





















The King of SNARK wears no mere cheesehead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home