Saturday, June 04, 2011

Private Property


It's a good weekend at the Not So Vast Right Wing Ranch as we've received a letter from the County Board of Review that lowered the assessed value of our property.

At the end of April (Property), I protested the nearly $20,000 increase in our assessment because it was over $25,000 more than the private appraisal completed when we refinanced our mortgage earlier this year.

I'm disappointed that the County Board of Review did not lower the assessed value to the amount equal the private appraisal, it is still $3,700 higher.

I could continue to fight to the Assessment Appeal Board and even the District Court, and my convictions tell me I should, but I'm not sure it would be worth the time and effort and the scientific community is united in that fact.

We're going to claim victory over the Dad Gum Guv'ment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home