Friday, September 16, 2011

Some Kind Of Friend


















Either Barry Manilow is experimenting with marijuana again, or the facelift cut to deep into his hairline.

Those are the only reasons I could come up with as to why Manilow would support Ron Paul.

And the scientific community is united in that fact.

“I like him. I like what he says, I do. I like what he says. I think he’s solid”

“I agree with just about everything he says. What can I tell you?”

Writing of facelifts, it's a small stretch to mention that the man who gets high marks for his principles is a downright fraud when it comes to big-government spending. While representing himself for decades as the sworn enemy of overspending, the good doctor has had his snout deep in the earmark trough.

In 2007, the Wall Street Journal reported, "The Congressman disclosed his requests this year for about $400 million worth of federal funding for no fewer than 65 earmarks. They include such urgent national wartime priorities as an $8 million request for the marketing of wild American shrimp and $2.3 million to fund shrimp-fishing research."

That doesn't sound like a man who will champion sound money, responsible spending, lower taxes, and free market enterprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home