Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Weight


On July 17, I started doing my own workout program to slim down.

I started out with 20 minutes of cardio and some strengthening exercises at least 5 times a week.

I've cut back on my eating to one meal a day, dinner with the Mrs., and I'm not counting calories.

I've been able to drop 20+ pounds in that time, 6 pounds just last week.

I'm up to 25 minutes cardio and increased sets on the strengthening, I'm also planning on 6 days a week now.

I post this to try and keep myself motivated to lose another 35 pounds, I'd be ecstatic to get off another 65 although that may be ludicrous and the scientific community is united in that fact.

I originally started last year, and had reached this plateau, but got derailed by an injury when I saved a neighbors Akita/Shepherd mix from drowning in a partially frozen pond.

Let's just say falling through ice and then lifting a 100 pound dog can do a number on one's body.

It is interesting that my wife tells me how good I look now, but never uttered those words when I was at this weight on the way up. She never told me how bad I looked on the way up either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home