Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jaws On The Floor

I knew something was not quite right with the lady lawyer's health insurance story that got her on the podium to introduce Michelle Obama (The Story In Your Eyes).

I'm just stunned that the press, especially the Ragister, reported it and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Speaker at first lady's rally is insured by state program
She says she didn't mean to credit the federal reform plan.

CeCe Ibson, the lady lawyer, said -- “No one would insure me because of my pre-existing conditions. No one. Until President Obama stood up for me and millions of Americans like me across Iowa and across the country".

The lawyer continued -- she didn’t mean to imply that her current coverage was provided by the new federal health reform program.

She said she explains her situation more clearly when she gives a 15-minute presentation on the issue. She said some of the specifics were trimmed out when she and campaign staff members shortened her standard presentation to about three minutes.

You should have trimmed the fiction about Obama.

In general, she said, the campaign wanted her to speak as a person who has struggled to find coverage. “I never thought they tried to make me the face of someone giving credit to the president for doing something he hadn’t done”.

Damn, that reads like a lawyer who's been caught in a lie.

The Liter likes that it was wrong about Ragister reporter Tony Leys, for stating the press didn't know enough to ask any questions.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home