Friday, February 21, 2014

You Said

Most weekday mornings I tune the TV into the Mike & Mike radio show on ESPN2.

This morning the two Mike's, Greeny & Golic, were going on about how Golic had jinxed the U.S. Women's Hockey team by prematurely tweeting they were winning gold against Canada, they didn't, and how Golic shouldn't do the same to the Men's team.

Greeny went so far as to say an "anecdote" was needed to counteract Golic's jinx.

Which made me think of a bit by Ron "Tator Salad" White -- "If I knew the difference between anecdote and antidote, my friend Bob Schneider would be alive today. He got bit by a copperhead and I'm reading him humorous stories out of Reader's Digest."

Greeny also is known to "unquote" a quote.

You can't unquote a quote and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Mike "Greeny" Greenberg is a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.

They must be so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home