Friday, May 12, 2006

I say the N.S.A. is OK

I instantly thought of the line in the Lynyrd Skynard song "Sweet Home Alabama"..."Now Watergate does not bother me, Does your conscience bother you?" I don't have any fear because I have nothing to hide. I don't see it as an invasion of privacy because it's only telephone numbers being provided by the owners of those numbers, the telephone companies (with the exception of Qwest, which is now being called the provider of choice for terrorists). Interestingly I saw this at Powelineblog.com, "a big news story just a couple of months ago about the fact that, for a nominal sum, you can buy anyone's cell phone records? In fact, liberal bloggers tried to put together a plan to buy and analyze the telephone records of prominent Republicans in hopes of finding calls that would somehow be embarrassing. These same liberals, of course, are now up in arms about the fact that the NSA does computer analyses of phone records, not with the malicious purpose of singling out political enemies for harassment, but to try to stop terrorist attacks. There is really no hypocrisy quite like the hypocrisy of a liberal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home