Thursday, May 04, 2006

The LAFS on Leonard...this fall

Thanks to my lovely wife, I came across an article that appeared in The Washington Times. This article mentioned how local fire departments are using grants from the Department of Homeland Security. The Crawfordsville, Indiana F.D. spent $55,000 on gym equipment and instruction on fitness and nutrition. One of the other 250 grants went to Des Moines. The D.M.F.D. received $69,435 to teach fire safety through puppet and clown shows. First it was taxpayer money that was wasted on those BOZO's at CIETC. Now it's Sesame Street Lite! Tom Schatz, president of Citizens Against Government Waste, said Congress and Homeland Security officials appear to be "having trouble prioritizing". Congress? I did a little checking and found Dummycrat Leonard Boswell had announced the LAFS for Life grant back in March. “Teaching fire safety to our youth and elderly is extremely important in our community,” said Boswell. “I commend our fire department for undertaking this very worthwhile project.” Here's the URL-- http://www.lafsforlife.org and check out their blog too-- http://www.lafsforlife.blogspot.com Maybe they can afford to update it now. Boswell used to be my Congressman and I have met him. He's a nice man, but I hear the theme to Deliverance, "Dueling Banjos", whenever he's around. I'm glad I got redistricted to Tom Latham. It's an embarrassment to have him represent Des Moines. I hope Jeff Lamberti defeats him in November and then the taxpayers can quit squealing like a pig!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home