Friday, January 12, 2007

Inept as County Attorney

Gary Kendell has been appointed, by Chester Culver, Director of the Governor's Office of Drug Control Policy.

Kendell was Warren County Attorney, but was defeated in the Dummycrat primary by Bryan Tingle.

You just know he's worthless when the Warren County Dummycrats don't want him around.

Kendell handled the loss like a man.

From The Record-Herald and Indianola Tribune(A Gannett Newspaper)...

“Right now I have a number of options and now I have to decide what to do next,” Kendell said. “I believe change is hard for some people in particular and change makes some people angry.”

Kendell said since he did not cut deals with people he feels that is why he was voted out in the primary.

“Cronyism is not a good deal or way to run the county attorney’s office,” Kendell said. “I never took advantage and gave certain criminal defendants light treatment. I fought to remove the sweetheart dealers and the defense board didn’t like it. They got together and found a candidate to run against me.”

Kendell said that he has no regrets over his tenure as county attorney.

“When I took this job I made a decision to take my integrity with me,” Kendell said. “We accomplished great things and I feel the county will be lacking without me here.”

He also bragged about his record...

Kendell said bringing in staff, following ordinances, and updating technology were just some of the positive changes he accomplished as Warren County attorney.

WOW! The County Attorney followed ordinances, I'd brag too!

His staff of Assistant County Attorney's also unionized under his leadership, UNIONIZED ATTORNEY'S?

His prosecution of a multi-million dollar sports betting ring saw most of the key players getting probation.

Rodney Heemstra got out of prison and gets a new trial for the murder of Tom Lyons.

Lastly, no charges have been filed against a 16 year old drunken driver who crashed his car and killed a 13 year old passenger.

Kendell had said the 16 year old's blood alcohol content was below the legal limit.

The legal limit for a 16 year old is 0.0%!

IT'S ILLEGAL FOR A MINOR TO BE DRINKING!

Shouldn't a County Attorney know that?

I look for an upswing in Iowa drug abuse....Lord help us all!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home