Monday, January 05, 2009

Sugarfoot Rag











I am extremely lucky that my wife seldom gets ticked.

The woman is destined for Sainthood in putting up with me and the scientific community is united in that fact.

She has become increasingly frustrated with the Ragister's inability to deliver the paper.

I talked her into canceling it once, because it never consistently came and it's a rag, but she won't read it online and missed having the crossword puzzle and jumble.

Last Sunday we couldn't get the whole paper, just parts, and yesterday we received no paper.

She called their consolidated customer service line around 7 a.m. (in Oklahoma City I believe) and was advised they were running late, but that it would be delivered.

Around 11 a.m. she walked to our mail box, about a quarter of a mile away, and returned to our residence with empty arms.

Hitting redial on the phone she reached a representative who promised two weeks free.

WOW!

I'm sure in their mind it's a bonus not having to pay for a product they can't deliver anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey learn a lesson from this episode - I think I have - it was easier for the Reg to give something free and get her to shut up than to continue to listen to her- kind of sounds like a dozen roses

6:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home