Friday, October 22, 2010

WTF Is That?


I tuned into Game 5 of the NLCS, between the Phillies and Giants, as God Bless America was being sung prior to the bottom of the 7th.

Knowing the game was being played in San Francisco, I wasn't sure if that was a woman or a guy in drag and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Chris wasn't 100% sure either and she's spent a large portion of her life doing musical theater as well as a trained operatic singer.

Research tells me it was a cast member of Beach Blanket Babylon, the longest running, campiest show in town.

I know it's a baseball game, but have a sense of decorum.

I've never seen a thespian from Broadway show up and sing in their show costume at Yankee Stadium.

Irving Berlin must be spinning in his grave.

This is how God Bless America should be sung



While trying to track down what this was, a website launched an attack on my computer that made it light up and ding like a pinball machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home