Thursday, March 24, 2011

That's My Story?


The Festivus for Obamacare continues in our capitol city.

St. Thomas of Equine Ass attended the Festivus at Simply for Giggles, who's owner, Tanya Keith, is a supporter of the Fallon For Um.

When my parents ran their small business, they didn't put their politics on display for fear of angering customers who didn't agree and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Jessica Urban shared a story of trouble finding her own insurance on the $200 stipend her employer provided. Urban says the policy that she did find had a $35 co-pay, a tiered prescription plan, not lab plan, and was “very, very disappointing.”

Is that $200 per year?

$35 is not a bad co-pay, and she probably pays more than that per month for her hard cider habit.

Urban decided to go onto her father’s insurance plan, he's a postal worker.

Urban says he already paid a little higher premium to have her mother on his plan and now she is on his plan for no extra cost to him.

What's the cost to taxpayers?

It appears Urban hasn't provided the whole story, because she's the owner of Adornments By Jessica Urban that's located inside Simply for Giggles.

With the hours of Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am-5pm, is that her full time job?

Will taxpayers be subsidizing it for health care?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Urban said...

Hi, I'm Jessica Urban. Last Fall, I quit my full-time job with a stipend of less than $200 per month for health insurance in order to pursue my business. My business is not my full-time job now; I work at my store between thirty and forty hours per week and work part-time nights and weekends elsewhere. And even working part-time in addition to running my shop, it has become impossible for me to keep on top of my bills, which is why I was so glad I could get back on my parents' healthcare plan. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have if you contact me personally. (And while I enjoy hard cider, I by no means have a habit that costs more than $35 a month.)

9:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home