Sunday, August 14, 2011

CHECK It Out
















My friend Cal (Freedom's pal) and I went to the Iowa Straw Poll and each collected a commemorative t-shirt for our Tim Pawlenty votes.

Actually, the BBQ wasn't awful, plus you can never go wrong with a Dairy Queen Blizzard and the scientific community is united in that fact.

Some other sights and sounds from our day included...

Jennifer Jacobs of the Ragister was standing near our Pawlenty shuttle when we got off. Jacobs asked where we were from and I told her Des Moines. She asked if the whole bus had come from Des Moines and I told her it was a shuttle from the Ames Wal Mart.

Jacobs wrote that, No one could get on a Tim Pawlenty campaign bus this morning unless they signed a pledge promising to vote for the former Minnesota governor and showed a photo ID, which is required to vote at the Iowa Straw Poll.

It's not the first time Jacobs has gotten the facts wrong.

I did not sign any pledge and our bus captain asked if everyone was supporting the Governor, but he stated they'd be able to ride to the Straw Poll either way.

T-Paw greeted us while his staff handed out those now historic shirts.

While waiting in the long line to vote, Michael Barone (Washington Examiner) walked by and I mentioned I read his writing. Barone commented on my Viva La Reagan Revolucion shirt and said something in Spanish, to which I replied -- Si.

After voting, we headed to The Iowa Republican's tent and along the way passed Newt Gingrich.
Cal shook his hand and told him what a great job he had done at the debate.

At the TIR tent, I introduced myself to Christie Vilsack's number one nightmare, for now, Kevin Hall.

Kevin said some nice things about the Liter and I reciprocated about his writing.

Listened to my current, and next, Congressman Tom Latham before wondering off.

We were nearly run down by Ron Paul's golf carts, complete with suited up goon squad.

I was disappointed the Party used a Warren County Dummycrat, Steve Mathews, as their voice talent(?) during the program inside Hilton.

I sure hope they didn't pay him, as Mathews gave $200 to Staci Appel-sauce for brains last August, $100 to Mark Davitt in 2008 (both lost to Kent Sorenson) and $175 to Steve Richardson in 2000. I'm sure there have been other contributions, especially to the county party.

It will be interesting to see how the next few months play out.

I guess I'll support Rick Santorum, if he can hang in there, and wait for the oncoming Michele Bachmann melt down (she's been close already) and Ron Paul's continued devolution.

Mitt Romney and Rick Perry will only receive my support if they are the nominee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home