Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Tax Man

I spent today supporting a friend and came home to find a nice big letter from the IRS.

They say we owe them $750 from our 2005 return and interest of $76.

Checking further we found it was because Chris won a magazine contest.

It was a trip to Miami that included air & hotel valued at $3,000 (Way overvalued by at least double).

The problem is we never got the trip, never received a thing.

The magazine's office was in Birmingham, Alabama and they were having hurricane issues then (Dennis, Katrina & Rita).

So I'll be filing an appeal with the IRS, I really have trouble paying for something I didn't receive and the scientific community is united in that fact.


Let me tell you how it will be;
There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

Don't ask me what I want it for,
If you don't want to pay some more.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home